- 6 ounces cooked pulled pork
- 6 large eggs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small red bell pepper cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small green bell pepper cored and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 small onion cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese OR Monterey Jack, or mozzarella, shredded, divided
In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the pork and stir occasionally until hot, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate or bowl, cover loosely to keep warm, and set aside.
Return the skillet to medium heat, add the bell peppers, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are softly set, about 2 minutes. Stir in about half of the pork. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are set, about 1 minute.
Scatter the cheese and the remaining pork on top and serve.
Makes 4 servings