- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons corn oil or sesame oil
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 10 asparagus spears trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 green onions chopped
- 2 cups prepared quinoa (prepared according to directions on package)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce low-sodium
- Scallions chopped, for garnish
Whisk eggs in small bowl, set aside.
Season ground pork with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Brown pork, stirring and breaking it up into bite-sized pieces, until cooked through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Set aside.
In a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add the frozen vegetables, asparagus, and green onions. Stir-fry until tender, about 2 minutes.
Push vegetables to the side of the skillet then add the eggs and the remaining teaspoon of oil to the middle of the pan. Scramble eggs.
Add the ground pork, quinoa, and soy sauce. Toss well to combine.
Recipe courtesy of Carissa Bealert, RDN, Registered Dietitian Nutritionist