- 12 ounces ham 97% fat-free, chopped
- 1/3 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 3 egg whites
- 2 eggs whole
- 2 tablespoons milk nonfat
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas heated *
- 1/3 cup salsa
- fresh cilantro OR chives, chopped (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
Cook red and green bell peppers and onion over medium heat in large nonstick skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray for 3-5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
Beat together egg whites, eggs, milk, salt and black pepper in medium bowl until combined.
Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until egg mixture begins to set on bottom and around edge. Lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture with spatula so uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking and folding mixture until eggs are cooked through, but still glossy and moist. Fold in ham; continue cooking until heated through, gently folding mixture occasionally.
Remove skillet from heat. To assemble, spoon mixture near the center on each tortilla. Fold bottom up over filling. Fold in side and roll to enclose mixture.
To serve, top with salsa. Garnish with cilantro or chives, if desired.
Makes 4 servings
* To warm tortillas, place tortillas on dinner plate, slightly overlapping. Cover with damp paper towel. Microwave on HIGH about 30 seconds or until warm.
** Learn to become a label detective. When counting calories and fat, tortillas are not all alike. Be sure to flip the package over and compare the nutrition information from different brands.