- 4 bone-in ribeye pork chops (rib, 3/4-inch thick)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1cup fresh basil (packed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
With machine running, drop garlic through the feed tube of the food processor to mince. Stop, add fresh basil, and process until chopped. Add lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper and process to make a thin wet rub. Spread both sides of pork chops with basil mixture. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill. Brush the grate clean and oil the grate. Grill chops, over direct heat, turning once, to medium-rare doneness, 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.