- 1 POUND BONELESS PORK CHOPS, ABOUT 3/4-INCH THICK
- 2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 2 TABLESPOONS FRESH OREGANO, CHOPPED, OR 2 TEASPOONS DRIED OREGANO
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/2 TEASPOON PEPPER
- HOMEMADE OR STORE-BOUGHT PIZZA DOUGH
- 3 CUPS ITALIAN FONTINA CHEESE, FONTINELLA CHEESE, SHREDDED (12 OUNCES)
- 6 TABLESPOONS PARMESAN CHEESE, FRESHLY GRATED
- CHOPPED FRESH OREGANO, FOR SERVING (ABOUT 1 TABLESPOON)
- HOT RED PEPPER FLAKES, FOR SERVING (ABOUT 1 TEASPOON)
- STORE-BOUGHT BALSAMIC GLAZE , FOR SERVING (OPTIONAL)
- 1 TABLESPOON EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 12 OUNCES BRUSSELS SPROUTS, ENDS TRIMMED, THINLY SLICED IN A FOOD PROCESSOR OR BY HAND (ABOUT 4 CUPS)
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1/4 TEASPOON PEPPER
To marinate pork: Combine oil, oregano, garlic, salt, and pepper in one-gallon sealable plastic bag.Add pork, close bag, and coat with marinade.Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before grilling.
To cook Brussels sprouts: Heat oil in large skillet over high heat.Add Brussels sprouts and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned, about 4 minutes.Add 2 tablespoons water and cook until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.Transfer to bowl and let cool.
Prepare outdoor grill for direct cooking with medium-high heat (about 400 degrees F.).Brush grill grates clean.Remove pork from marinade, shaking off excess oil.Grill, with grill lid closed, turning once, until the internal temperature reads between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) to 160 degrees F. (medium) on a digital meat thermometer, 6 to 8 minutes.Transfer to carving board and let cool. Chop pork into a 1/2-inch dice and transfer to a bowl.
To grill pizzas: Cut 5 squares of parchment paper about 9 inches square each. Punch down dough and cut into four equal pieces. Shape dough into balls, place on work surface, loosely cover with plastic wrap, and let stand 10 minutes.On very lightly floured work surface, roll and stretch each dough portion into 7- to 8-inch rounds (makes 4 pizzas). Place each round on a parchment square.Stack rounds on paper on large baking sheet.Loosely cover with plastic wrap.
Brush grill grate clean. In batches if necessary, transfer dough rounds from parchment onto grill, discarding parchment.Grill, with the lid closed, occasionally rotating rounds, until underside is seared with grill marks, 2 to 3 minutes.Adjust heat as needed – do not burn the dough!
Flip dough rounds and top with one-quarter each of Brussels sprouts and pork, followed by the Fontina and Parmesan cheese.Cover and continue cooking with the lid closed, occasionally rotating dough rounds so they don’t stick, until undersides are golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes more.
Remove from grill.Sprinkle with oregano and red pepper flakes, drizzle with balsamic glaze, if using, and serve immediately.