- 8 ounces smoked Spanish chorizo links with casings removed
- 1 pound 96% lean ground pork
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs dried
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 small yellow onion minced
- 1/3 cup green bell pepper minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 hamburger buns split
- 6 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 2 cups shoestring potatoes (potato sticks)
- 6 green lettuce leaves
Finely chop chorizo in a food processor or with a large knife. Gently mix together ground pork, chopped chorizo, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, green pepper, garlic and salt.Shape into 6 patties about 3/4-inch thick.Refrigerate for 10 to 15 minutes.
Prepare a grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat, about 450 degrees F.
Grill burgers, with the lid closed, for 5 minutes.Turn and finish cooking for 4 to 5 minutes more, until cooked through or until the internal temperature reads 160 degrees F on a digital meat thermometer.Remove from grill.
Toast buns on the grill, about 1 minute per side.Build burgers on buns with 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing, 1/3 cup shoestring potatoes and one lettuce leaf.Serve immediately.